Call for OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Chile California Council (CCC), a small and innovative non-profit organization, seeks a well-organized, motivated, and talented Operations Manager (OM). The OM will work directly with the CCC’s Executive Director in developing and implementing the organization’s activities; will provide support to the standing and special Committees within the Council; and will play an important role in the CCC’s external and internal communications. Candidates should have a passion for international collaboration and a clear vision for fostering such collaboration.
The position requires an understanding of Chilean and California cultures. High proficiency in English and Spanish is required as well as exceptional written and oral communications skills.
This position is subject to the availability of grant funds.
Application open until January 30th, 2017. The CCC has the right to keep the call open until a candidate meets the criteria for the position.
- – The OM will be responsible for working with the Executive Director in communications conveying CCC’s internal and external messages, including developing, drafting, editing and occasionally translating written materials; creating strategies to maintain and promote the organization’s PR and image (e.g., preparing newsletters, updating the website and developing media communications); supervising the conceptual design of marketing documents, including graphic design and editing, and informing the Board of Councilors and the Executive Secretary (in Santiago, Chile) regarding project plans and activities (i.e., preparing presentations, internal reports, and meeting minutes).
- – The OM should be able to interact effectively with a broad range of high level government officials, business leaders, academics and other contacts. The OM should possess excellent oral and written communication skills and a collaborative management style. The OM should demonstrate leadership and vision in managing projects and personnel and should be comfortable working in a start-up culture.
- – Working with the Executive Director, the OM will review CCC projects status, keep project records up to date, and subsequently prepare summary documents to present to the Council. This work will include clarifying project scope, goals, and deliverables; planning and scheduling project timelines; and ensuring on-going tracking.
- – The OM will execute day-to-day operations in conjunction with the Executive Director, oversee administrative matters, coordinate work with CCC members, consultants and interns, and assist in planning and preparing CCC meetings and events in California and in Chile.
- – The OM will perform general administrative and support duties related to the operation and work flow of the CCC, including scheduling, preparing, and taking notes of Executive Committee and Board meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
- – Supporting CCC Committees in the implementation of their respective initiatives, preparing and collecting invoices and other documents for the book keeper and the accountant, as needed.
- – The OM should have excellent computer skills and proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, MailChimp, etc.
- – The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, no reallocation expenses will be provided, and requires that candidates have work authorization to work in the United States.
For more information, please contact Ricardo Rodriguez (email@example.com)